View Single Post
Meeko 10:12 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
I am kind of feeling like I got mixed information from the director. At one point she said that she faxed it. Then she mentioned the portal, which allegedly is new and she didn't know about it. Then she mentioned that because he was not hospitalized it didn't need to be reported, but licensing thinks he was hospitalized.

She called to "check up and make sure everything is okay" -- because she couldn't understand why I called licensing because she thought this was behind us.

Also the report does not state anywhere that the child has special needs, that was something that I found out later from a staff member who was there at the time of the accident, who attended to my son's injury. I do not know anything about that other child or even if he is diagnosed special needs or if it is speculation from that staff member, or even that it's true.
The portal is fairly new...but her saying she didn't know is crazy. First off...the reg is clear....any injury requiring medical attention must be reported.

Secondly...providers here have been inundated with letters, E-mails, postcards etc...all talking about the provider portal. It's how we renew licenses etc. All traing classes start with as reminder about the portal. Unless she's been camping at the north pole...there is no way she couldn't have known.

If she sent a fax, she should have a confirmation page. I personally think she's lying to you.