View Single Post
Unregistered 11:07 AM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
Pain and marks don't always come right away, but if you saw a physical mark the next day that wasn't there before, it happened at home. Almost sounds to me like there are problems at home. The stress is affecting the mother.
The thought has crossed my mind. However, there are no other (past) physical signs that I have seen beyond the normal preschool-age shin bruises.
But, the constant checking in because "such and such" hurt last night bothers my conscious a bit.

Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom:
I usually don't say this, but might be time to terminate. I know new parents are a bit anxious, but this could very easily escalate to a licensing issue and cause you more problems than loosing a client. Unfortunately, we experience a great bit of liability caring for other peoples children so if you see red flags waving might be time for you to throw in a white flag and cut your losses. Sometimes its not a good fit for the provider.
This is something I'm considering, but not quite sure how to phrase a termination beyond "we are not a good fit" (after 8 months of care).

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's imperative that parent's trust that I am going to provide adequate supervision and care for their child.

If that is not possible I am not the right fit for them.

I totally understand being concerned about your child...what parent isn't? But I am not okay with micro-managing and helicopter parenting.....

I will NEVER understand why those types of parents choose group care. Why not go with a nanny or a center that has cameras for parents..
Agreed. I may use the "trust" statement if I decide to terminate. Thanks!