Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 06-13-2018
Parents that come in and disrupt the routine and the group really pi$$ me off. If they want to coddle their child/ren and whisk away their whimpers and tears about staying, do it outside. Don't come into the house while I'm trying to prepare breakfast for hungry kids who are excited because 2 more just walked in and their mommy is evidently here to do ring around the rosey with everybody or read stories(twins picked out Oh The Places You'll Go, do you have any idea how long that book is????). Your kids have been here 3 years!!! They're milking you for all the attention they can get! Do it on your time, not mine.

Then dcm drops off dcb at noon, already asleep and sees everyone else already laying down, tells me she can take him out and put him into crib, then shows me how to work a white noise machine; he starts crying when she puts him down and shushes him...So 10 minutes later he's sleeping but all the others are wide awake.

Parents.......I've parented 4 of my own and partnered with 100 other parents for years in raising others. Yes, they're your child/ren but it's my business, my group, my routine, and I'm no newbie at this.