View Single Post
sleepinghart 07:02 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is this situation at one of the daycare that my friend sends her daughter to.

There is this non custodial parent, who has a restraining order against himself from going near the other parent(and previously the child too). This non custodial parent is visiting the day care for extended periods of time(like 2-3 hours each day), every day of the week, to spend time with his child. He gets very limited supervised time outside day care with the child, because of the restraining order.The day care provider is sympathetic to him and is encouraging this(without any notice to the parents of other children at the day care). This is happening while other children are actively playing or going about their activities at day care.

There is a law that says a parent can inspect the day care facility at all times, but is there anything that says how much time they can spend at the day care? Is this legal, Is this parent/day care owner breaking any privacy laws of the other children? Is the daycare owner breaking any licensing requirements, by having a non-background checked person on site everyday(without letting the parents of the other children at day care).

My friend does not like this, is there any way she can ask the daycare owner not to allow this on a regular basis.
~I wonder if dcm, the custodial parent who the restraining order is protecting, knows about this...that dad is visiting their child at the daycare everyday for a few hours, and if so, I wonder what she thinks about it?