View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:49 AM 08-14-2019
I just still do NOT get it. It's become an epidemic. What is the answer to stop it from happening?

I brought my 2 dogs to run errands with me Saturday, the day started off nice and cool, high 60's; ran into 1 place for less than 2 minutes, when I checked the temperature back in my car, it had reached 70. I said 'that's it pups, bringing you home and finishing my errands'.
WHEN will a child be foremost on some people's minds; when will they become mindful of a little child who depends on them to protect them as if their life depended on it?? When will children, once again, become a parent's most important part of their life?
Parents forgetting their child in a car? Parents taking so many vacations without their child/red? Parents leaving their child in dc more than is necessary? Parents who cannot seem able to bring their child to the grocery anymore because they can't handle it? Parents who don't use child restraints, abuse their children, use drugs and leave their children in dangerous places while they enjoy their 'trip'.
When are parents going to realize what parenting truly involves? It means love your child, care for your child, giving up a big part of yourself for years while you protect/teach/be with your child. I'm not talking the occasional trip with SO to reconnect or putting your child with Bert and Ernie for 30 minutes so you can make dinner.
It's so sad that this speaks of such a MEMEME generation, cellphones are more important than children. A thousand things going through people's heads are more important. If life is truly that crazy for a parent, something needs to slow down. Make your life as a parent, about your child; that IS the definition of parenting. Otherwise, use birth control.