View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 12:13 PM 03-05-2018
I only have one child that I provide food for and so I dont spend much at all. Average is $15 per week for food for her. That covers 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 10 snacks. All my others are under the age of 1 so I require the parents provide all food/formula for them. I dont use a meal planner app, just make it up as I go along. An example of what I feed her: breakfast today was mixed fruit, a small waffle and juice. Lunch was bunless hot dog, beans, apples and milk. Snack was cheese and crackers this morning and will be peanut butter on celery sticks this afternoon. I’ve adapted to cooking for just one kid by breaking down large packages of food and freezing individual servings of things so they don’t go to waste before I get a chance to cook them.
As for supplies, parents provide wipes and diapers and I provide everything else. Things like paper towels and trash bags are bought in bulk at wholesale prices. I get any other supplies like construction paper, watercolors, books at places like dollar tree to help keep costs down.
I keep a total of 4 kids: 20mths, 11mths, 10mths, and 5mths.