View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I don't know how some of you manage to keep costs so low? I must be a horrible shopper.
Yesterday I spent about 90, 5 dcks and myself. That includes all cleansers and paper products. And I'll probably hit the store again to make sure I have enough produce to make it through the week.
I shop at Walmart and Sam's Club.
I never buy paper products unless there is a sale and I only buy them in bulk so that right there is a huge savings. I know that paper towel at the grocery store is 2x what it costs at Walmart and 4x times what it costs at Sam's when bought in bulk..kwim?

I also buy very simple too. Lots of fresh veggies (in season) and lots of filling foods (wild rice, oatmeal, pasta etc). I don't buy a lot of fruit as I feel kids get alot of that at home and to me it's just added sugar. I focus on extra veggies instead. I plan ahead and try to use left overs for hotdishes and casseroles later so there is less waste. I also have a clean out the fridge day on Friday so that helps too!

On a side note, I don't know how much milk is where you are but I can buy a gallon of milk for $1.79 at Walmart.