View Single Post
trix23 07:16 AM 03-25-2017
I watch 2 sisters (~2 years and ~5 years) part time. Normally the older one goes to VPK in the mornings and then dad drops off in the afternoons. Last week (spring break) they both came the full day for 2 days. They have both been in my care for about 4 months. The first day was fine. The 2nd day was ungodly. She was breaking every rule: screaming indoors, running, being destructive, climbing ontop of my storage shelves, jumping on the couch, taking all the couch cushions off, etc etc. I told her that these behaviors are not allowed and that she needed to follow the rules. Was knowingly breaking the rules (and laughing about it).

Put her in time out 5 times and told her afterwards that her behavior is not ok. That she needs to... (use walking feet, indoor voices, don't climb indoors, etc). She honestly would've been in time out all day if I was rigid with her and put her in the corner for each incident.

She is very pushy with boundaries and her parents cave into them (I see it at pickup and drop-off) versus me, I have an iron will. She was whining, begging, and even CRYING during naptime/quiet time for me to read her another story (did 8 books that day, 3 Seuss books, so i was done) and wanted more, telling me that she can't read ( she can, just trying to get me to do what she wants). I told her no repeatedly then ignored her after about 5 minutes of this. Went on for 20 minutes then she finally went off and played on her own.

The methods I use don't work on her, as she tries to weasel or talk her way out of the rules here (like wants to take shoes off while outside). I need help!!