View Single Post
YHD2013 05:01 PM 02-23-2013
Well they have asked to make sure he is not running me ragged... Which he isnt, I am very used to the toddler stage! LOL.... I do tell her that her job is to worry about her, and its my job to worry about janie, bobby, jack, joe whoever.... They have asked if everythings ok... and basically I just said yes, everything is fine. Bobby is being a typical kid, and janie is just overly worried because bobby cries quite a bit when I tell him no. Because that IS what is happening... It just so happens that there are certain things that I just dont mess with that maybe(??) are allowed at home...and thats why she feels he is crying more????

I am just not sure if I am "right" or "wrong" for telling her its not her business to worry about others or not. I know when I was her age, and had a DCP I was a total mother hen. Though I don't remember how my DCP handled it. I know back then (25 years ago) she had me do tasks, like bring the babies diaper, and throw it away or bring the baby their cups or something... It seems like no matter what I engage her in, art, toys, puzzles, or activities that require her to sit (dot to dot or practicing letters or shapes or whatever) she's SO, worried about the others. It just sorta drives me bonkers! I do have a son too, and she is constantly telling about him too. I guess I just want to know its ok to say "janie your job is to worry about janie and only janie" or something to that effect. Would it be wise to start some sort of accomplishment chart where if she goes so long without "tattling" (not sure what else to call it) she gets something? Even if its just a sticker for her shirt? Or is this just one of those things where I need to repeat it until I turn blue?

I guess when I was a nanny, telling the parents a run down of the day... I am not sure if thats how it is with DCP's? Or do you just only mention out of the norm stuff?