View Single Post
Denali 06:18 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Nice try, but believe it or not, some parents are actually honest. I am a scientist, and integrity of data is paramount to me. No NSAIDs, nothing to artificially depress temperature. I take my own temperature as a control. We use a temporal thermometer, daycare uses axillary. Should be roughly the same, but regardless, not enough to explain 98 vs. 101.

What I'm talking about is: I get a phone call about the fever, pick DD up within 15-20 min, already not warm to the touch. Get home 10 min later, no fever. Doctors office, no fever. Repeatedly.
Do they give her anything?

If what you say is true, ask for it to be checked again before you leave with her. That won’t mean that she can stay, because that is ultimately up to the daycare, but it will be something.

Side note: For 4 months my daughter’s temp would go up to 102 for about 20-40 minutes a few times a day and sometimes only once a day. Every time I took her to the doctor her temp was 98-99, never more. It was frustrating and we never figured out what was going on. I recorded taking my DD’s temp with my phone to Show that I wasn’t crazy. Maybe ask nicely if your daycare will do that and send it to you so you can show the doctor next time? This will help you with the “I’m not seeing it so it’s not happening” and on the other side of it if they are lying you’ll see it for yourself 👍

Also start looking for another daycare, if they are sending home because they just don’t want your daughter there and using fever as a way to do that then you’ll need another place soon anyway. Doesn’t sound like you trust them either.

It can be frustrating.