View Single Post
Unregistered 09:19 AM 02-16-2018
Interesting theory, the timeline makes sense for it. The first shift starts at 6:30, 6:30 plus 8 hours is 2:30. Care to guess what time I always get these calls?

I can't go into it assuming this unethical behavior, but I will certainly keep my eyes peeled.

To answer your other questions... she's 18 months, and we already have had an incident that eroded my trust in them. Last year, I got a phone call saying she bit herself, and the teacher saw her do it. We picked her up, and the bite mark had 12 teeth. Problem is, she only had two teeth! So very, very clearly, some other child bit her, and the teacher lied about watching her do it. After this, we had a chat with the director about the importance of being truthful about what happens with DD.

After these calls, I haven't been bringing her back the following day, because I've been adhering to the policy of 24 hours with no fever. But if there really was no fever though, and she's feeling fine, I don't think I'd be wrong to bring her in.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How old is your daughter?

I kind of feel like it might be something to do with staffing issues or afternoon/next day activities...I don't know, immediately my first thoughts were that they were simply trying to reduce #'s for that time period/day etc and if the calls for pick up always come at a similar time of day, it makes that thought even more plausible.

Do you have any other concerns about the program or staff? Anything that seems off? How long have you attended there? Other children of yours enrolled as well?

What is the staff's attitude like with you when you pick up? Do they exclude the following day as well?