View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 02-16-2018
I think it's a pretty common occurrence in both center care and in home care for some programs/providers. NOT all.

Center care does it for staffing and ratios issues or when they know an inspection is scheduled.

In home providers do it for similar reasons and for alot of other "dumb" reasons....

I knew a provider in my community that used to schedule a field trip for her older kids (not in diapers) but would still take in all her regular kids in the mornings and then around lunch would call and say the younger kids (in diapers) had a temp or had diarrhea so they have to get picked up. Since they attended at least a partial day, there was no refund of fees so she gets to go on the planned field trip and gets paid in full for all kids even though just a couple went on the field trip.

You'd be surprised (maybe) at what antics similar to this that providers will post in on-line social media groups or on forum boards for providers only. I have been shocked speechless more than once at the lengths some providers will go to send a child home for frivolous and/or silly reasons.