View Single Post
Unregistered 01:26 PM 03-03-2018
I spent 10 years being very very anxious about every interview. Eventually I made a website that showed lots of pictures, and gave a pretty good picture of what our typical day looks like.

When contact is made I have them supply basic information such as hours of care needed, ages & number of children etc. This rules out interviewing anyone I would not be a good fit for. If all looks well, I then email my handbook. Sometimes I never hear from them again and that's okay. Saves an interview or contracting with someone who would not be a good fit. In the handbook I also have a commonly asked questions section. I went online and looked up questions parents are to ask providers in an interview. This way I was able to think out my responses, and already have them answered prior to an interview. I also encourage them to email me with any questions they may have after I send out the handbook.

Interviews are now much shorter, and the ones who do come are pretty confident it will be a good fit before they walk in the door. Somewhere after year 10, I think I also just relaxed a smidge. I no longer worried if the place was pristine. I no longer worried if they decided not to sign on. I no longer felt there was something wrong with me or my set up if they declined. I don't have to be the right fit for everyone.

I keep a nice stash of chocolate available for afterwards.