View Single Post
Baby Beluga 12:40 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
My son once said "I'm going to kill myself!" When he was frustrated, I was sooo shocked because we don't talk like that at home.

Turns out he had been watching Charlie Brown movies/shows at my parents the previous weekend and he picked up the phrase. even though I watched it as a kid I had forgot how different the language was then!!

I would talk with parents and reach out to your licensor to cover all your bases, but it could be as simple as hearing it at home or on tv!
Yes! I remember being so excited to show DD A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving when she was younger....until we started watching it. I too had that same moment of "Yikes! Did I watch this as a kid?!"

I emailed the parents during nap yesterday, explained what happened and ended the email by saying I am sure DCB doesn't understand what it means to actually kill himself, it was likely picked up from hearing an adult say it and DCB repeated it out of frustration for being corrected. But because of the weight of what he said, I did feel it was important to notify them. Dad responded that it was disturbing and he would talk to DCB about it and at pick up agreed that DCB likely heard it from someone but wasn't sure who/where. Mom hasn't responded.