View Single Post
My3cents 10:46 AM 06-08-2012
Welcome to daycare! I have this feeling your going to be an amazing provider.

Word of caution- Get ready for daycare to take over your home. You will end up utilizing every space imaginable. It is all good though. Make sure hub knows that this is going to happen and is supportive. It will be change for all you.

Take the classes you need. They will be of great help and direct you in the way to go. Don't let them overwhelm you.

Charge more- Explain to this family that you are going to be getting your license and will be a provider not a babysitter. You didn't realize how much insurance was going to cost you and that you will need to charge more. ASAP get a policy book,rule book, hand book contract together. Tons of help here on this site. Call around and find out what the going rate is in your area. Don't worry about what they offer or don't offer. but- take note of it. Have a backbone from the get go. Don't do unrealistic hours- you will need time to be with your family, when not working. View yourself as a working Mom. I am sure others can give you more helps and advice. Join a food program-

Best, welcome and good luck-