View Single Post
Crazy8 08:45 AM 09-06-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
A child should represent so much more for a parent then $$$, but a lot of parents are putting the $$$ first.
Amen to that!! I was a working parent with my first child and I VALUED every extra day off with her. Seems that value is gone and replaced with getting their money's worth out of their daycare.

I also disagree with the pay when you are here aspect. I only have 5 very valuable spots in my daycare. If man #1 does not come in to buy a whistle the store owner still has the chance that 10 others will buy whistles that day. I don't have the option to replace the child who doesn't come one Tuesday. And I agree with another post that it can then backfire, xmas is coming, mom needs more money so she gets grandma to watch the kids a few days to save money. Then she has a wedding coming up and needs cash, so grandma gets them for 2 days so she doesn't have to pay for daycare. Where is that sending my business as I still continue to reserve that space for them????

Nope, I don't see running a daycare anything like running a store (and ironically I ran a store for 10 years before I had my own kids, LOL!).