View Single Post
nannyde 02:38 AM 09-07-2014
This is a topic that has been debated since my first time on an internet daycare board in 98.

I have seen thousands of these threads and they all are the same end game.

I know you intended to discuss parents bringing kids on their time off when they are paying a full slot but the concept of only charging for attendance is what I'm interested in.

I don't know of any provider who has charged by attendance and is a veteran provider.

Are there any providers here who have made a career of charging a daily rate by attendance only? Or an hourly rate by attendance only?

I have seen thousands try it and either go out of business or switch but I haven't heard of anyone who has made it to the five or ten year mark. Maybe if they have a spouse paying the family's way.. but if they need income they would have a terrible time. Also, having kids who are very part time sporadically would be a nightmare job.

A lot of providers start doing daycare as the daycare they would have liked to have had as a parent accessing daycare. That works for the loving stuff but not the money stuff. Once they start allowing unpaid days and rotating schedules, they go broke. Once they allow "mildly ill" kids they go broke.

I pray you aren't considering that unless it's just to make SOME money. Being new to daycare it will be tough to manage the occasional kids.