View Single Post
Unregistered 07:11 AM 03-27-2015
I would be lying if I said it didn't kind of bug me when parents take a day off, but still bring their kids. I get it that they need some time to do things without kids, but it still bugs me a little when I know there only plan is to go home and sleep. Nothing I can do about it, though, so over the years, I just try to ignore it and continue on as usual. The hardest part is when you know the child understands the situtation and are upset, because some times they are just desperate for attention from their parent and the parents seems oblivious. I can't imagine not having my kids with me, since they are with me pretty much all the time, so it is hard for me to see the perspective of daycare parents. I have only ever been on the provider side. As ffor my daycare, I run it like a business too, but it is not comparable to a whistle shop. Unless the whistle shop can only serve the same 6 people everyday and those 6 people coming or not coming into the store is how the whistle shop pays the bills to stay open. I doubt the whistle shop would be very successful if those 6 people's attendence in the store is the only way to make money.