View Single Post
daycarediva 10:15 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Odd man out but nope. Their experiences at other daycares have nothing to do with me.

I don't want or need to know anything about their previous experiences.

I am confident enough in my practices and policies that any issue that may arise can be dealt with.
How their previous provider handled things doesn't impact me.

Some of my best and longest families came from other care situations that didn't work out.
Proof there is a right and wrong fit for everyone and environment plays a big role in behaviors.
Same.

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
Yeah, no I don't think so. We have a pretty relaxed and fun atmosphere here and nobody here has the types of outbursts this child was having. He lasted 3 weeks at the previous daycare and the operator is a well known and respected and experienced provider in this area. So your insinuation that my environment was the issue is just off base.
Nope, she meant that the PREVIOUS situation may have not been right for that child.

I used to take a lot of children from too structured/developmentally inappropriate programs. ALL of the parents had expressed issues with behavior reported to them by the provider. New daycare, clean slate imho. I never saw ANY of those issues. Stress makes children do crazy things, like BC's former biter. I have had kids who reportedly threw tantrums, hit, kicked, bit, threw food, ran away outside, ripped books, etc. And never had any of those issues in 2+ years with me.