View Single Post
AmyKidsCo 12:54 PM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am all for it.

If that becomes the norm, running an illegal childcare will become exceptionally difficult to pull off. Penalties will also become stiffer. The charges would then include fraud because the parent would expect a copy of their license. Fake licenses would bring bigger charges.

We have to give parents a State handbook that summarizes the rules, their rights, responsibilities and gives them all of the contact information they need should things go south. I think that started back in the early 2000's. Our inspections are posted online, too.

One more step to make it harder for others to cheat the system is cool with me.
That probably depends on what state you're in. Here in WI you can care for up to 3 unrelated children under 7 (no limit on how many over 7 or related children) without being regulated. Many parents don't know that, so when they're told the provider doesn't need to be licensed they believe it.

Originally Posted by Ariana:
I personally think it is because of the way our profession is viewed in society. We are mostly seen as uneducated, lazy people who are trying to scam the system/parents. We are not seen as professionals deserving of trust. We need to be policed at every turn.
To be fair, there are a lot of uneducated people calling themselves child care providers and a lot of scammers out there, who ruin it for the rest of us.