View Single Post
dEHmom 01:06 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This has happened to me on different things but could he have come with them and you didn't notice them at first. I have had children show up with new owies and the parents forget to tell me and then I'm trying to figure out how it happened. Come pickup time I explain and then they will say "Oh, that happened last night at .......". You might see if this is the case here.
yep this has happened to me too. dcb woke up from a nap one afternoon and one ear was HUGE! i mean completely pulsing swollen and dark deep red almost purple. I panicked and called dcm, and she said no he has a bug bite and if he rubs it it swells up. she said if you put cool/cold on it and the swelling goes down you'll see a little spot where the mosquito got him. Sure enough, it was the case. WHEW!

I had an incident last week where dcb's were biting each other, and both connected and screaming bloody murder. I was sitting right beside them too. I couldn't just yank them away because they had such good bites on each other. But it didn't leave much of a mark. One boy had little teeth impressions on his wrist, but they faded within an hour or so. I had to pry their mouths open that's how hard they were biting and both kids were screaming loudy. I can't imagine that dck getting 3 bites that leave a mark for long and not screaming.