View Single Post
Abigail 10:26 PM 02-12-2011
Preschool,
Anything about a holding fee should NOT be in your normal handbook or contract. WHY? Handbook is only for how you run your daycare, nothing about time or money should be in a handbook because these change and a handbook doesn't hold up in court. It doesn't belong in your normal contract either because your contract is for those already enrolled.

I am going to offer a holding a spot contract (separate contract) because chances are sure you can continue to interview still for that spot and create a waiting list and still make a few extra dollars on the side for a holding fee. I think this should be a separate contract because once they sign your normal contract there holding fee contract becomes outdated/invalid. KWIM? Keep it simple. Are you still going to offer to refund or apply your deposit? If you do, I would still say that half of it is applied because you should take in some of the deposit for holding it in the first place....besides they also have the choice to say "no thanks" now for enrolling and call you next month when they want to enroll by taking their chances and avoid a fee altogether.