View Single Post
daycarediva 10:41 AM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by bmlandino:
I would think they would have written documentation of the behavioral issues leading up to this. Most conferences are documented, as well as incident and incident reports.

However, 5 write ups in a day alone is reason enough for most daycares to terminate care. That kind of physical violence against students and teachers would be a lot to take.

I understand the seriousness of your children having to switch daycares, but I also think the effect of that behavior on the other students and teachers mental and physical well being is just as important.

As far as payment, if they gave you 4 weeks notice, and you didn't oppose or immediately put in a two week notice, then you still owe them for all 4 weeks. Legally speaking. Since they listed the last day of care, as 4 weeks from then, and it went uncontested...That's the date that sticks.
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Pre-K has both student and parent handbooks with very clear cut discipline policies.

Typically the same one that your public school system follows. It is given in hard copy to parents upon enrollment, one signed and returned, one you kept.

It outlines the schools responsibilities, your child's responsibilities and your responsibilities. It is available to print online as well, at any time. It is part of the federal funding.

Your child having to be carried out of the classroom, in full tantrum, at that age is alarming. Making excuses for your child becoming violent with an adult is inexcusable. It is assault on a teacher.

This sort of situation is why police are in the schools, now. It isn't good. It teaches kids that it is them against the teachers/police. It sets them up for a life of violence and crime. How will kids get an education if nobody is willing to teach them. How will they have fulfilling careers and earning potential without an education?

Teachers have civil rights, too.

Yes, your child is only 5. NOW is the time to rein it in HARD, while you still can. One the shock wears off, It will look so different.

YES! Oh my gosh! I have never had a five year old behave that way in my preschool classroom and would have called for immediate pickup had a child bit or kicked anyone.

"Only 5" ugh. The behavior was brought up more than once- and only when MARKS were left? He is a HUGE liability. Not daily doesn't mean it isn't happening. "Joe is struggling with pushing and keeping hands to self." You bet Joe does that every single day or they wouldn't have mentioned it. "Joe is hitting children." same.

How is your child's behavior at home? Does he have any developmental delays. I find most parents are in denial about the severity of behavior and/or delays until something like this happens. I have let children go when I spoke WEEKLY about behaviors and parents were still shocked.