View Single Post
Heidi 06:41 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Yes this!!!

My bet is that more than anything, it's probably related to an impending developmental leap. My advice re: the fussing while playing on the floor is to leave her. Listen for it to escalate from simple fussing and "talking" (which can sound a lot like fussing) to actual needful crying. There is a difference, and letting her fuss and work it out on her own is not CIO...it's very acceptable.

Read up on RIE (This blog is excellent) and start to apply some of those principles. It works even if it's not applied at home for the baby...because babies are more than capable of learning that things are different in different places.

Also, my favorite parenting book of all time is The Wonder Weeks and through two cihldren and several daycare babies I have referred to it...and it's uncanny how accurate it is. I recommend this one for anyone who cares for babies in any capacity.
I love RIE-years ago I spent some time with a provider who studied with Magda Gerber at RIE. I'm thinking I should brush up again.

There is a difference now-in Madison years ago, my parents were more "educated", and so tended to be easier to talk to about this sort of thing. My current families are lovely-but if they came in to find their baby fussing on the floor, I think they'd be