View Single Post
nannyde 06:05 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ky:
I have a VERY blunt staright forward personality some people can take it and some cant. Yup they sure did turn out fine and I didnt put their life in danger. Im pretty sure I didnt sit rear facing till I was one in the 80s Im sure I slept on my tummy, etc. because the goverment wasnt as MUCH in everyones buisness like now a days

Oh I can take your blunt and straight forward personality.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't study things like positioning infants to sleep or positioning infants in car seats and take what we KNOW from millions and millions of kids and not apply it to our laws and govermental reccomendations?

What are we to do with what we KNOW. What are we to do with the statistics we have that clearly show that "back to sleep" increases an infants chance of not succumbing to SIDS? What are we to do with data from car crashes where we KNOW that children who are rear faced have a higher liklihood of survival?

We shouldn't put regulations in place for care givers and for parents because they intrinsically KNOW what's best for their baby?