Thread: Diarrhea
View Single Post
saved4always 10:17 AM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
I remember when my policy was short and sweet like this. Then came MRSA and scabies... etc. I got "Well I didn't see anything about excluding for this in your handbook" It's there now!! Common sense should tell the parent it is a contagious illness duh! BUT to cover my rear I have extended my illness policy to a whole page. I'm sure I am missing an illness or 2 and when/if someone makes a stink about it I will enter it as well.
I did have a MRSA case once now that I think about it. I guess my policy does not address that now that you pointed it out. Luckily the parent had common sense and did not bring the child til he was okay. I actually copied my illness policy off of a center's that I found on the internet years ago when I created my contract. I only have one more week of doing this gig in my home, so I guess it has served me well. I am sure I would have run into some kind of issue at some point and have just been lucky to have parents who could think beyond just the policy and cared about me and the other kids.