View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 11:58 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Here is my dilema-my mil was my backup but due to back problems she is no longer available to do that. My husband has started a new job (been there a month so no time built up to take off) so when it comes to my own children having appointments or such I have no one to help me. My husband suggested taking the day off but I I can't see doing this for 20 minute ortho appointments and such. I have 2 in braces and one more on his way to get them. Also I need to go to the dentist to have work done but I can't take 2 21 months and 2 3 year olds with me. It would be to hard. So what do you do in instances like that?
For my family appt's, I try to schedule all dentist appts, in one day and I take that day off. So, I am taking 2 days off a year for dr/denstist appointments. I take one of the days and also schedule physicals. It makes for a very long day, but it all gets done.
If something needs to be done like a cavity filled, or something like that, I either schedule them for the last appointment of the day and close a little early, or we get the first appt of the day and my husband goes to work a little late. If there are things that are fairly consistent in the time it takes, maybe your husband could use his lunch hour once in awhile, like for the braces.
I do not have a back up and all my families understand that there are times when I will be closed and they will need back up care.