View Single Post
jen2651 11:56 AM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If the raw milk is allowed I would do that. But I would NEVER let a family come and tell me what to serve for meals. If YOU are wanting to go that route, great, if not I would tell them what your menu is and they can take it or leave it.
I am afraid I may have misrepresented the family. We do eat extremely healthy here, they just asked if I used processed foods. As I sad the majority of our stuff is not, at least in my mind. We did discuss that I use pasta out of the box (whole wheat), but the more I was thinking, are beans from the can processed? I know it is better/cheaper to switch to raw beans, I am just lazy. I think this family would be the kick in the behind that I needed. We have a garden and I freeze so my supply last us basically the whole year...I do have to purchase things about this time of the year, but they own a stand at a farmers market so I have a good hook up there!

So, yes, they asked us about our eating habits...no, they didn't demand we change. I volunteered to supply a menu (do anyways) so if there are things they are uncomfortable with they are welcome to bring in a lunch.

Funny thing is, she said that basically every other provider in town laughed when she asked if they ate chicken nuggets...they all said once a week. So, I know we aren't perfect, but we certainly are more holistic than some in the eating aspect of things.

So, any more thoughts on menu items? I did put in an email to my foods lady...I haven't heard back yet!