View Single Post
Unregistered 04:50 PM 06-12-2013
Hi
I am in a pickle and would like to know what some other moms and DPs think about this.
I organize a children's program once a week for children aged 0-5 and their parents. Tomorrow is our last day before summer and I have planned a huge party! I have bouncy castles, snacks, games, a clown and a little graduation ceremony for the littles that will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. (Their uncles, aunts, parents and grandparents are all invited to watch).
Problem - Both my school aged girls are sick
I have no one to watch them tomorrow for me and I know they won't be going to school.
My Best friend says she thinks they are old enough to stay home and watch TV on the couch while I take care of the last day party (All my oldest DDs friends go home afterschool with no sitter, some even get ready and walk to school alone) I find they are still a bit young for that.

Here are the details - My father in law lives 3 houses over and will be home (He can't watch them since he is recovering from cancer and his immune system is shot but he would be there in case of emergency), the party is 10 minutes from my house and I have a cell phone which I will have on me.

I feel horrible leaving them alone, especially with them being sick but I have no one to watch them and everyone is counting on me for this party.......I am so stressed.