View Single Post
Crystal 06:41 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
Pell Grants are based on the families income. And based on what some here have said they made per year, there is no way they would have qualified for them. I know last year our family made approx $32,000 for a family of 4, and we each qualified for about 85% of the Pell Grant. So there is no way some here would qualify based on the incomes they have stated here on the forum.
Which is why, in my OP, I said The grants re based on your annual Adjusted Gross income on your tax return, as well as your family size

Now, re. " So there is no way some here would qualify based on the incomes they have stated here on the forum" If that is referring to me and my previous posts about income.....keep in mind that when I posted previously about my income, I stated my GROSS income, not my NET income after expenses (many of which I calculate back into my income later because they are expenses I would pay with or without my business) and then the grants are based on AGI, which is after medical expenses, one-half self-employment tax, etc. So, I qualified, although I wouldn't now.