View Single Post
LysesKids 12:47 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I also have a small home childcare service and mothers will absolutely lose it when you tell them you don't have the space to store their child's carseat. Even if the same 1 person picks up/drops off the children day after day. One woman told me she demanded to leave her son's carseat because if she was in a car accident then she would have to replace the whole carseat. Smh she broufh her son in every morning with a seat full of yogurt, cookies, snacks it was just a mess. And several times she left the carseat with baby inside at the entrance and darted out because the baby had a terrible messy diaper, so bad it leaked all over the seat cover. When I text her about it she said oh sorry about that, but can you wash the carseat cover before I pick him up. I was like WHAT?!?!? I'm not your private Nanny, I have other kids to care for. I've instituted a policy about infant car seats as well, and if parents need to leave them for an alternate pick up then they have to place them on my back patio.
I have a no car seat policy and have for years... I explain that I have no space (I really don't) & it's a safety issue with infants & toddlers wanting to play in them, much less, the seats can bring in germs & possibly even bugs. I also request that if you are a two parent car household , that you really do need 2 carseats for the exact reason of a car accident; Insurance companies will replace them, so your mom that is demanding to leave the seat - personally I would tell her to find other care. My house/business, my rules