View Single Post
cassiesue 06:26 AM 11-06-2016
I know this thread is old, but has anyone recently set up their daycare's website or Facebook page?

I bought my domain name (I think that is what it is called) back in July although I have yet to do anything with it. Actually I guess I rented it because it seems I have to renew it again next July. I have never set up a webpage and can not afford a designer. I am going to try to do what Mike suggested and point my page to my webpage. If I ever find the time that is.

In the meantime, I did just start to set up my daycare's Facebook page, but I am nowhere near finished with that - again the issue of time.

What annoys me is I wanted to enable the review feature, especially as I get drop-ins. However, I recently had to terminate a family during the trial period. It was my second time with this family and I allowed them to come back against my better judgment. I had 4 reviews all 5 stars. Then she came in and rated me 2 out of 5 stars.

I actually would have most likely left it on there as it only reduced my overall rating to 4.4 stars, but her review remained at the top of the list and I was unable to rotate it down to the bottom. I had created a response to her review, but ended up not posting it. Instead I screenshot the reviews and created a FB album and uploaded the reviews into it. Apparently if you have a FB business page you are unable to delete individual reviews, even if they are a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Any tips or ideas from people that have recently set up their daycare's website or FB page? I do not have a lot of time to devote to this and I am not very tech savvy. For those that already have their webpages set up do you mind sharing the links to them? A lot of the links in this thread no longer are working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I love this forum and it has been a great resource for me!!!