View Single Post
SunshineMama 11:56 AM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by Solandia:
I dealt with the mommy-guilt a long, long time ago. When I was working outside the home when my 13yo was little (i did second shift, so my morning where open for all the cool classes), the mommy&me classes are not NEARLY as fun as it seems. Maybe because I am more of a homebody anyway, but it was a 50/50 chance on the cute classes being fun and meeting other moms with littles vs having to put up with snarky momma's & their precious perfect angels (as they are pushing my kid to the floor, ). And if you have more than one kid, it just doesn't work out with younger siblings, anyway, even if you find a class for both.

There are lots of fun stuff through the Y and the park district around here on evenings & Saturdays. It just made the whole week too busy or the day too long, and well...I like my down time on the weekends. So did my kids. Now that I am much older and wiser with my toddlers now, I know they are not missing out on anything. There is plenty to do here & around the neighborhood. No need to meet other moms, I think I have met them all by now.. lol...my older kids are in plenty of activities. Many families with lot o' kids ---even more than me...lol

In the end, we settled for the library story time, which I took dck's along...they do a broad age range (2-5 for the craft/story time), and it is only 30min....a perfect amount of time for the littles to not get bored of the play area and right before we all got cranky with sharing...it was time to go. PERFECT.
THANK YOU for your post. It was comforting to hear you say you didnt miss much with the mommy and me classes! Your post raised my spirits! I am going to take OP's advice and see who can come to my home