View Single Post
Leigh 06:18 AM 06-19-2013
I charge a weekly rate for up to 40 hours, hourly after that. I did this because my weekly rate was scaring people away when I based it on 50 hours.

When parents pay a weekly rate, I expect that they'll go shopping or get a haircut or whatever when they get off work early. No problem. It's the parents who get off work at like, 3 every day, and their kids are the last ones picked up every day that are getting on my nerves.

HOW do I go about contracting hours? I thought that I was clear about it when I talked with parents, but apparently not. Would any of you who contract hours be willing to share with me how you do it? Rates, wording of contract, how you explain it to parents (NONE of our local licensed providers contract hours).

I'd appreciate the help. Right now, I have ONE mom who breaks her neck to get here to pick up her kids (I swear she is here 5 minutes after she gets off work 3 miles away)...all the rest want to "get their money's worth" and leave their kids here 50 hours a week (even though they pay OT for the last 10-I don't). I'm OK with leaving things be for current clients, but my future clients WILL be contracted to specific hours.