View Single Post
dEHmom 06:46 AM 02-18-2011
Seriously badphish? You make that much money? Or the daycare charges that little? HAHAHAHA

Maybe the person who buys the food for the day is stuck in a snowbank? So even though there is someone at the daycare center, and you show up with your child, what is your kid going to eat all day?

What if the storm is expected to get worse? And your child will be stuck there overnight?

What if the power goes out for half of the day, and your child will sit there freezing?

There are so many what if's in these threads.

Daycares don't just close down because they can (because it's in their contract). They close down for the safety of everyone.

I have, after reading a lot of these threads on this website, I have changed my rates from $25/day to a monthly fee, and also state it can be made in biweekly or weekly payments if it's better for you. Fact is, they could charge you $30/day and not charge you for closures, sick days or whatever else. That's an extra $25/week, and $100/month out of your pocket. So what do you prefer?

You know what I make on average an hour? $2.50/ child! ( I only have 1 child right now in my care too) What's minimum wage? $10 dollars? HMMMM......This isn't factoring the bills and such yet. I understand that yes, when you factor in additional children that will be more per hour that I will be paid, but it will still be 2.50/child!

$2.50. Is that what you think makes us thieves? Whether you want to admit it or not, everyone is calling providers crooks because they have to pay for sick/snow/vacation days. Now factor out the food, and the utilities, craft supplies, field trips, etc.

Maybe if you look at what you are actually pay per hour for someone to take care of, love, nurture and provide for your child, people will stop complaining so much!