View Single Post
spedmommy4 07:36 AM 05-30-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I did ask for naps to be shortened back in March. We were having difficulty getting my kids to sleep before 9:30 p.m. and it was getting a bit draining. Another "issue" that came up was one day a couple of months ago my son had a tantrum of some kind. She had him cover his mouth with his hand and apparently he didn't so she put her hand on his hand and covered his mouth. He wound up with a big scratch and I told her I didn't think it was appropriate to handle things like that.

The reason I pay for 3 spots is because she is so conveniently located to my house; she complained of fibromyalgia when I first met her, and seemed reluctant to take us. She wanted to know how I found out about her, and of course she comes up when I type daycare and my town's name into google.

I can see she doesn't need us; her husband has a very good job and I think she still does the daycare to get her college age children extra stuff. I just wanted to know if there is anything else I could put together to offer her to keep us on from a daycare provider's perspective. Look I realize that job sucks and there is no way to ever pay her what I would really like to pay her for everything she has to do.

I'll tell her to keep the naps however long she can as well. We can deal with it another year. The daycare carousel is wearing me down, but it's only one more year. Maybe I should offer to pay 2 additional spots? It will be the pits but it's only one more year.
If she did hold his hand over his mouth, it wasn't appropriate. As a parent of four, I would have moved on over that. Children have tantrums. You acknowledge their feeling and give them a space away from the group (but within sight) to calm down. Tantrums are not a big deal from a caregiving perspective, UNLESS the child has tantrums everyday.

I would also have an issue with her charging for three slots. I am a childcare provider and can't imagine doing this to any of my families. I know you are worried about your little ones but young children are very adaptable. It's likely that they will adjust within a few short weeks and be even happier with their new provider. And in the long run, you may be happier too.