View Single Post
QualiTcare 09:59 PM 10-08-2010
i don't know how comfortable you are with the family, but i'm guessing you're obviously not comfortable enough to approach them with your concerns.

i personally wouldn't report it right away if i didn't know for sure. my husband has been looking stoned for the past few years because he has major issues with his contacts for some reason, but doesn't want to wear glasses. thank goodness he started wearing glasses about a month ago because everywhere we went, i know people thought he was messed up - his eyes were RED. family members and friends would tell him - your eyes are bloodshot! if he went to pick up the kids or something though, i know he'd make a point to say something about his eyes/contacts so they would know and not have to wonder.

what i would do (other than confronting them) is put a blurb in a newsletter IF you have a newsletter. this is why i think newsletters are good ideas to send home and post on the door regularly - so when something akward happens - you have an outlet and it's not so obvious who you're directing something at. you could put something in there that says, "i would like to remind you all that as a mandated reporter, i am required to report all forms of child abuse, neglect, and endangerment. some examples of instances i must report include, but are not limited to:" blah blah blah......make sure to put driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at the top of the list.

they will get the hint!! and if they come in high one more time - you can report them with no guilty conscience at all because that's a pretty clear warning. JMO.