View Single Post
childcaremom 08:12 AM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
=================================================
Sorry I disagree. Parenting is not about following what some book says about what an average kid should be doing. It's about knowing your own child and what they need. Lucky for you you have a child that naps well and also sleeps well at night. That makes you lucky, not necessarily a better parent than anyone else.
I know my child. She needs 10 hours of sleep at night, and a 30 minute nap. When she gets that, she is an angel. Why do I have to fight my daycare to ensure she only naps for 30 minutes? If THEY let her sleep longer, it is less healthy for her as she won't get a good sleep at night. The the vicious cycle ensues (tired during day--long nap--won't sleep at night). The onus is on the daycare to follow what the child needs, and if the parent knows they need less sleep the daycare should respect that. They are harming my child by letting her nap too long!!
If they are harming your child, why do you keep sending her? Find a different daycare that will meet your child's needs or get a nanny.

Why is it the daycare's fault that you don't like their routine? It is your responsibility as a parent to look out for your child's needs.