View Single Post
Unregistered 11:40 AM 10-10-2011
I am currently working on building my own daycare website, and so far it's going really well, and I'm having fun with it! BUt, now I have a few questions regarding personal security and how much information I should include on the website. It is a delicate balance between effectively marketing your business and keeping personal information private. For example, I am not going to give my address, but is it okay to list your town (I live in a very small one)? And, is it safe to include a photo of the outside of your daycare home? What about your last name? I would like to have one page, password protected, where I can post mainly photos for the families currently enrolled to see their children participating in activities or fieldtrips we have taken. I am thinking of using the free service "PoppyDog" to password protect that page of my site...is anyone familiar with this...if so, your thoughts? Thanks so much for any help! This forum has already been VERY helpful to me in creating my own website!