View Single Post
mac60 02:40 AM 10-09-2009
Napping at 2 1/2 yrs old here is not an option either. You will lay down and you will be quiet and not be disruptive, and 99% of the time, the child will fall asleep. Until you are in school all day here, you are required to lay down and be quiet. Once you reach full day school age, I put them at the kitchen table to do quiet activities, and if you become disruptive then, you will get a nice soft blanket to lounge on.

I gotta love those parents who always want to blame the child not sleeping or not falling asleep at night on a nap.

I currently have a 2 1/2 yr old who is an absolute handful. He is on time outs frequently throughout the day. Mid morning, if he is on time out, sometimes he will lay down on the floor and go to sleep. The poor kid can't even make it till nap time. I course I wake him up, as I want him to nap when the others nap. Mondays are usually the worst. Parents will come in and say that he hasn't had a nap all weekend, well on Monday, he is an absolute monster child. Tired as hell. Then they say, well we are lucky to get him in bed by 9:30, he won't go to bed. WHAT ???? The kid is 2 1/2, who is the BOSS??? Whatever happened to putting your young child to bed and they stay there?

I have a 4 yr old that mom says she won't go to sleep at night, then goes on to tell me how she got out of bed 3 times, was hungry, wanted to sit with mommy, so mommy lets her come to the couch and watch tv, and then needs a drink and then.......Parents need to be firm about naps and bedtime instead of blaming us providers on the whys their child is having issues.

And putting your child to bed at 7 is rediculous when you pick them up at 5. Why did you have a child anyways if you didn't want to be a parent. Some parents, gees, I will never understand. Good luck on this.