Thread: Pacifier Issues
View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 06:42 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I guess the way I see it you have two choices (if you want to give the issue back to the parents).

You can let him have a new paci (new only) as it won't be as easy to bite the tip off of and the second you notice he is trying to bite it off, I would call the parent and have them come pick up. Rinse and repeat.

The other option is to not allow him to have the paci at all and when nap time comes, if he throws a fit, call the parent for immediate pick up.

That is the only way to return the issue to the parents. They HAVE to take control and not just sit back and let you worry about this. That is so disrespectful.

Personally since you already discussed with DCM him being weaned off and she said she was going to do it, I woud have turned them away this morning and said no way. I just can't believe that they went out and bought him some more paci's....that is the part that throws me for a loop.
I googled this issue this morning and every single site I found said absolutely to take it away. Huge choking issue. I can't believe they left the doctors office and bought 2 new ones. blew me away. I wish I would have asked if they asked the dr about it. Mom picks up today, I"m going to ask her. I guess they can do what they want at home and thankfully he only has it here at nap, so I don't think it's going to be that hard, but I just wish they would pitch them. Parents today just can't handle their kid crying for 1 second. They don't like to say no to their kid even though it could cost them dearly.

Just a thought, maybe I could hang a baggie outside my door (in garage) and have him deposit it in there when he comes and he can take it out when he leaves. That way it's not sitting in his diaper bag and being a tease.