View Single Post
TwinKristi 08:13 AM 07-18-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
She may want to use day care now as to not lose any money from deposit. I would highlight in contract that payment is made in advance and deposit would be used as last week's payments after notice has been given. She may be looking to just get her money worth if she thinks she can't get her deposit back.
Yeah I would figure out a way to remedy this and explain she can't just use up her deposit and take off. Why did she suddenly not need care yesterday but today she does? Sounds like she found care elsewhere. Gosh parents are so silly! Why on Earth would she think that she could get her deposit back 2 mos later. I would be tempted to say she lost her deposit yesterday when she said she wasn't coming after all so you filled the spot with someone on your waiting list who's been waiting 2 months to start. These people don't sound long term or reasonable.

And I dealt with my first deposit last month and thankfully baby started about 2wks later (deposit holds their spot for 30 days and is either rolled into their last 2wks of care or non-refundable if not started within 30 days and they sign a form stating that) but could see that being a problem if you don't have them sign something. And what a jerk to say "I didn't sign anything"... No but you gave a deposit to HOLD the spot!! Duh!