View Single Post
daycare 03:26 PM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
I understand where you are coming from...I assume he is delayed since he will be turning 2 soon and I can hardly understand anything he is saying. In addition, his words are few and far between. I have recommended an evaluation, and I think the mother is in progress with this, but in the mean time, I am hoping to find resources to help his own progress while we get the "real" help he may need
My own child did not start talking until he was 2.5. He will be 4 soon and he still is hard to understand at times, but there is nothing wrong. He can use really big words, however, some letters are really hard to understand. Like Y-R-L-CH-TH and so on. Trust me, BTDT with the doc and they told me that by age 4 if he was not forming sentences and communicating in someway to bring him back. You have to think about his home life and what goes on there. Like does he have older siblings that talk for him? Does mom/dad baby him and don't force him to use words? There could be many reasons why he just isnt talking that much yet/////

I know you want to be helpful, but I say you just keep on loving that little guy like you are. Like Blackcat said boys are usually slower than girls and will eventually catch up... LOL allthough, I am not sure they ever mature....lol jk