Thread: Daycare Fire
View Single Post
Christina72684 12:11 PM 03-04-2014
A daycare about half an hour away had a terrible fire this morning. The DC opens at 5am and the fire happened around 6:30am. There was the DC owner and 6 kids there at the time. A child around 1yr old died in the fire while sleeping in a pack-n-play.

I cannot even IMAGINE what everyone involved is going through....the DC provider and her family, the families involved, the kids that were there, the fire fighters that found the child, etc.

So many people are scrutinizing the daycare saying how she had too many kids, when they have no clue what they are talking about! We practice fire drills here monthly, but I still don't think we could ever be prepared enough if something like that happened. Some days we have 12 kids here and 6 of them don't walk with 2 employees. What would they do if there was a fire? Which kids do you grab first? How would the kids react?

We have about 2-3" of snow and some ice outside. It was probably near 0 out at that time in the morning and dark out. I bet everyone was terrified! I know I would be