View Single Post
TwinKristi 02:22 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
This is true, and legally if you are planning on renting a home or apartment and plan on moving your FCC there you have to give a 30 day notice of INTENT to do child care. So really we are supposed to tell them right away. Licensing requires a form to be filled out by the landlord and you have to have it on file.

So even if you are having plans to not disclose your info until after you move in you can't do that here. It's a rock and a hard place to be in.

And then let's not even get into how hard the process of moving and licensing is. They want a form filled out and then they give you a new facility number (license number) and cancel your current one but can't do daycare in your current place without a licence for that home and can't do daycare in your new home until they come out and do a walk-through. It does depend on your licensor and I called mine to ask and she said she's willing to work with people and not issue a new facility number until AFTER the walk-through, so there's that at least.
I have a daycare provider friend who's moving and from one house to another (not sure on rent or own) but she said she would have no lag time between houses as she has time at the new house before they're out of the old house. I don't know how that works, but she didn't seem to have a problem at all.