View Single Post
Unregistered 10:56 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Miss Lindsey:
ok, I bit off more than I could chew. This is only my 2nd year in childcare, and I have a 4 month old, a 15 month old, and an 8 month old in my care. All of them are easy with tge exception of the 4 month old...and she is just a higher maintenence baby, and still so young. Anyway, I took on a 6 month old this week, and he is not adjusting well. He wont eat, and fusses unless I am walking around holding him. I took him with the mom's assurance he was an easy baby, loved his bottles, and if he ever was fussy, just give him an extra bottle and he would be happy. Well, thats not the case! He wont eat for me, less than half of what he normally takes in a day. He has been even higher maintenence than the 4 month old. I feel overwhelmed, even with an assistant to help. I want to give it anotger week, but also want to prepare mom that this may not work out. I feel bad because I took them thinking I could do it, and now feel totally inadequate. Anyway, what can I tell her that would prepare her that she may need to find someone else? or shoykd I just wait until next week and then term if its no better? I HATE confrontation, and letting people down...and I go to church with these people...so my reputation is on the line in more ways than just as a business relationship!

I need a backbone and need to know that I am not a lousy childcare provider because I cant handle 3 infants at one time and gave up so soon!

I'm in the same boat! My youngest dck was worse than she is now. But it took two months for her to adjust. She's still a screamer to this day. I would just tell them the truth. They have to respect you for that, I would.