View Single Post
Daycare mom 08:41 AM 03-29-2011
Oh Boy if I can warn you against anything it is please do not ignore them and just bring the kids back. First of all are you certain that the person who came was really the DPW? Secondly you are allowed to have up to 6 children in your home for care without licensing. If you had more than 6 then yes you should apply for a license. The regs on a family home daycare are not that bad. Call your local DPW office and ask for a packet. I would not play around with the state in this situation. I know there is a lot of red tape but it is not worth going to jail or getting a fine over. Plus you become more trustworthy when you have a license and you also become able to receive the benefits from the state to help keep you up and running. Daycare is a very profitable business and there are so many opportunities out there to get grants to help with food, bills and supplies. Don't assume that you are on a "watch list" and that the state is out to get you. That is not their objective, they just want to make sure kids are safe. Because even if you are doing a great job taking care of the children you have, some other nutso out there might not be.