View Single Post
Heidi 08:00 AM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
^ sounds like this DCM. HER kid(s) can do no wrong. This is the Mom of the dcb who is almost 4 still having regular accidents. She blamed my younger daycare kids (because they aren't potty trained) on her sons 'regression'. One is 16m! LOL! That conversation was amusing. "To REgress with potty training, we would need him to have regular PROgress at home."

Her daughter (almost 9) is soooooo boy crazy and catty it's not even funny. DCG who is aging out and she are good friends and get along great. She will be on vacation next week and the SECOND she walked out the door yesterday (after DCG hugged her, gave her a homemade "miss you" card, etc). DCG turned around and said "I am so glad she is gone, I can't stand her. Do you know she likes (insert boys name that all of my kids know and that we see regularly at the playground). Wouldn't it be funny to tell him? He won't like her because she is too ugly." WTF!? She WILL be a 'mean girl'. I don't think kids just become like that, she's like her Mom! There is nooooo point in telling her Mom because she calls it 'normal girl behavior'. I have a 13 year old, H*** NO that isn't normal!

There was another thing just last night. Ds (7) was showering and I heard him singing the whistle song(which is apparantly about oral sex)! DCG taught it to him! She told dd and ds she sings it on the radio with her Mom. I guess I am back to not allowing them to play in the dining room/adjacent to the playroom without my constant supervision until they are replaced.

Other issues are that Mom will NOT reinforce my rules with her kids. We don't run up the walkway/out front since it is a busy street and she allows her (almost 4) year old to go open their car doors. He ran into the road last week to open her door/drivers side and completely ignored her when she yelled to him.

Her ds is VERY aggressive, but ONLY towards his sister. I have out-lawed all power rangers talk, ninja turtles, superman, spiderman, etc for ALL the kids because dcb will just walk up to his sister and slap/bite/punch her (leaving lasting marks twice this week) with a smile on his face the whole time. (and *I* get the third degree when I put him in time out!)

Any behavior problem that I bring up is "Well did ds/dd learn it from here?" Her ds learned ONE thing from my ds (poopy-head) after older ds had friends over, and it ran rampant through the little kids. I stopped it, but I swear I will NEVER hear the end of it.

They wear their shoes in my house. I have hardwoods everywhere and just replaced them last year. I asked them repeatedly and her excuse is always 'well we wear shoes in our house so it's hard to get used to'. Different houses have different rules. MIL's is a shoe off house and my Mom's is a shoe on house. My kids see dh and I doing it, they do it too. She works in a factory, and I can only imagine what she is dragging all over my playroom floors. Yesterday without even asking me, she walked through my playroom, through my dining room, out my french doors and into my backyard (it had been raining ALL DAY) then walked right back through and tracked mud everywhere. I was SO MAD.

Thank you for letting me vent! Gosh that felt good to get out! My ad is up, I emailed my registrar to let her know I want referrals again. It's only a matter of time now.
PLEASE!!! put up a BIG sign that you make this weekend.

BABY ZONE...NO SHOES BEYOND THIS POINT...NO EXCEPTIONS!

That is about the rudest thing I've heard in a while....