View Single Post
finsup 09:33 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ask your husband why he wants you to keep clients that struggle to pay you? That's not income at all...that's being taken advantage of....

I stand firm on my policies and charge late fees, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME a parent pays me late. Even if they have circumstances beyond their control.

I understand that payroll can get messed up and that things in life DO happen but I can't allow someone else's situation to effect mine.

I stand pretty firm on these concepts because child care providers are the first businesses asked to wait for payment over car expenses, insurance, cell phones, internet, mortgage/rent, cigarettes, etc......

If a parent has TRULY and HONESTLY asked ALL the other entities they owe money to, if they'll wait on payment BEFORE asking me, I might consider it. But more than likely I won't.....because parents won't ask them.

They ask you instead because you are caring and loving and "how can you say no to little Billy?"

Thinking like that is rude, disrespectful and something about this business that I have a hard time digesting.

No Pay = No Stay + Late Fees.

I was clear about it upon enrollment.
I meant it when I said it and their signature on the dotted line gives me the right to enforce it.
Seriously, this. Trust me, I wasn't on this site when I first started and I had to learn the hard way. It's not too much to expect that you're paid on time. And a client that leaves because you require them to pay on time (so mean... ) isn't a client you want anyways.