View Single Post
catinthebox 01:22 PM 05-16-2017
the center where i work at is in need of male staffs. I am a male staff myself and was wondering why aren't there more male working daycare's and centers? My own experience is that i am much more likely to get accused than a female coworker. It was scary when i first worked here, these kids would always want to hug me, but i would always refused due to being accused.I had witness that there is some form of bias when it comes to male staff.

I had remember this one time where we were at the beach with the kids and where a lady was walking her dog near us and all the kids ran over to here. I rushed over because we don't know this lady even if she is harmless, we have polciy that kids aren't to interact with random people. I then asked my boss at that time if it was ok, and she told me that it was fine since she looked nice and harmless. Then she said " we would be more worry if it was a male, because you know..."

I would love to hug the kids, but since i don't people tend to think i am hardhearted.